Want a wedding filled with crazy fun? Of course you do!
Hey, there’s nothing wrong with traditional customs. But a few off-the-wall ideas can draw loads of smiles from guests and make your day unique!
Feel free to hack a few of my favorite fun wedding ideas:
1. Plan a pre-wedding “field day” – Your bridesmaids and groomsmen can mix it up while getting to know each other before the wedding bells ring!
2. Say cheese! Periodically post photos on social media sites months prior to the big day to remind friends and relatives of your upcoming nuptials.
3. Shake up tradition – Ask an adult — grandma, a favorite aunt or teacher — to scatter those petals! Flower girls don’t have to be under 6!
4. Share the spotlight with your friends – Include in your program a short bio of each wedding party member to give them stardom on your big day and reduce the “Which one is the bride’s sister?” questions from guests.
5. Wow the kiddos – Keep the kids entertained with a small pack of crayons, paper and candy. This might not be the most original reception idea, but it’s one that will make a whole lot of kids and adults very happy.
6. Flashback. Set a few “cootie catchers” at each reception table to challenge your guests’ knowledge of the bride and groom. A nice conversation starter!
7. Gather your 90’s photos – Hang funny and perhaps a few awkward photos of the wedding couple (at all ages) in various places at the reception such as on bathroom doors, the entranceway, gift table and bar area.
8. Mix up the garter toss – Why fling that garter by hand when you can send it sailing on a football or other flying object? Add a message and the “receiver” will garner a nice keepsake.
9. Make a wedding welcome bag – Fill a bag from Totally Promotional with bottles of water, customized koozies® and a stylish Do Not Disturb sign as the perfect gift for guests planning an overnight stay.
10. Post-wedding idea: A small binder and a paper punch are all you need to corral your cards (and envelopes, if you desire) in one place! You and your sweetheart can scroll through the collection every five years or so for a lovely walk down memory lane!
That’s a mere sampling of the crazy fun things you can do to impress your guests and set the tone for a fantastic, memorable day!
Let Totally Promotional help you boost the fun with wedding favors such as customized cups, koozies® and lip balm. You’ll love the funny sayings in our Design Gallery of templates, or we can help you create your own!