Make your healthy event a positive experience by filling goodie bags with items that make an impact.
If you plan on stuffing boring literature into your swag bags, be sure to have plenty of trash cans available! People who sign up for races, walks and other wellness events want useful products. It’s also nice if the giveaways commemorate the experience.
Start by choosing a customized bag or tote. Drawstring bags are a big hit for their hands-free carrying option. The most popular styles for athletes have side mesh pockets for storing water bottles and zippered pockets to secure cellphones, keys and cash. Personalized tote bags are very durable and budget-friendly. Go “green” with eco-friendly tote bags made of cotton and jute.
What do you put in a swag bag?
Below is my list of healthy giveaway ideas to consider for your event. Many of these items can be customized to promote your organization and message. I suggest buying products in bulk to save money. Keeping costs down is incredibly important if you’re on a tight budget or if your event is a charitable activity.
Make sure the giveaways you choose properly represent your organization or message. (Hint: It’s easy to find a stress ball shape or character that aligns with your brand or charitable cause!)
Healthy goodie bag ideas
- Can cooler and Koozies®
- Custom T-shirt
- Energy or protein bar (Not chocolate; could melt on a warm day.)
- Sport/water bottle
- Bottle of water or electrolyte drink
- Bottle opener
- Sports cooling towel
- Athletic socks
- Stress ball
- Body lotion or muscle cream
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer
- Frisbees® and flying disc
- Hot/cold pack
- Mini tissue pack
- Ceramic mug
- Portable pillbox
- Key chain
- Chip clip
- Discount to join local fitness center
- Tape measure
- Nail file
- Phone wallet
- First aid kit
- Portable earbuds
- Trail mix
- Portable charger
Bonus tips for your health and wellness swag
- You don’t have to put full-size products of healthy giveaways into each bag. Sample sizes will do!
- Contact local vendors who may give you a discount for the swag items you want. Some retailers may even be interested in becoming a sponsor and helping you fill the bags.
- Ask your chamber of commerce or visitors’ bureau if they have anything to donate to the goodie bags to boost area tourism. Just be sure their donation is safe for participants of all ages and makes sense for your event.
Pat yourself on the back!
It takes a lot of work to plan and successfully execute a health fair, 5K run, bicycle race or any activity that gets people moving. But it’s well worth the time and energy to help others get in shape. Research by the National Institutes of Health shows we can lower our risk of disease and increase our chances for a better quality of life by adopting healthy lifestyles.
Kudos to you for getting involved, filling those goodie bags and watching your community get healthy!