Give friends and family a wedding day reminder with a free printable save the date card!
This clever “Pencil Us In” card will serve as a countdown to your big day. Save the fancy stationery and big bucks for your wedding invitations; these save the date cards can be printed by you at little cost and personalized in minutes!
How to make printable save the date cards
- Select the card with the year of your wedding in the background.
- Print the amount of save the dates you need.
- Indicate the month and day of your wedding on each card.
- Sign your names at the bottom.
- Use a hole punch to create a hole at the top.
- Insert ribbon, twine or decorative twist ties through the hole and secure a personalized pencil above “Pencil Us In.”
- Fold to fit into an envelope and mail.
Note: Save the dates should be mailed at least six months before your wedding.
Add a personal touch
Give your free printable save the date cards a bit of personality and set the tone for your wedding. It’s easy! Here are a few tips:
- Attach the pencil with ribbon, string or twist ties in the color(s) you have chosen for your wedding theme.
- Add a special wish or saying near your names. Ex., “Can’t wait!” or “Join us!”
- Use transparent heart stickers or other embellishments to indicate your wedding month and day.
- Add your engagement photo or a customized save the date favor.
Spend your money wisely
I’m a practical person but I don’t mind spending extra for things that are important to me. Save the date cards are trendy and fun, but some people would rather divert the bulk of their wedding budget on the bride’s dress, a spectacular meal or a fabulous venue. Sound like you? Then these “Pencil Us In” save the date cards will help get your wedding plans headed in the right direction!
This blog was originally published Nov. 1, 2018