The answer was “Yes!” and now it’s time to start planning your wedding. Our free printable wedding checklist will help keep you on track.
Trying to remember all the tasks you must do when planning a wedding can be very overwhelming. Thankfully, you don’t have to.
Here is Totally Wedding Koozies’ gift to you: A Free Printable Wedding Checklist.
The PDF format makes it easy for you to print and keep handy. Hang a copy on your fridge or bulletin board. Keep it in your purse or laptop case. This checklist will become your best friend until you exchange “I dos”!
This checklist is a very detailed wedding plan for the soon-to-be-wed. It walks you through an all-inclusive timeline from sending popular save the dates to making the Mr. and Mrs. thing official.
Our amazing wedding checklist gives you a month-by-month list of tasks to complete starting more than a year before your wedding date. It’s all broken down as a wedding timeline checklist to reduce anxiety and pre-nuptial jitters.
A wedding to-do list gets you started
Your engagement time will slip away faster than you think. And there’s so much to do!
If you want a certain church, reception venue or photographer for your wedding, you may have to book them more than a year in advance. Then there’s a wedding party to assemble and the search for the perfect bridal gown. You’ll need engagement photos, save the dates, a guest list, caterers, music, florists … are you getting the picture?
Yes, you’re going to need help. Everyone does.
To give you a little peek into our helpful and free printable wedding checklist, I’ve greatly condensed the engagement period to highlight the big stuff you really need to know.
Wedding planning timeline
3 months before
- Select a wedding date. This might depend on the date you can get the wedding venue you want.
- Draw up a budget. Overestimate costs or allow for “miscellaneous” because surprise expenses always arise at some point.
- Choose your wedding party.
- Select the wedding gown, the groom’s apparel and the wedding party’s attire.
- Book the ceremony and reception venue, as well as an officiant.
- Hire a photographer/videographer, caterer, florist and musician(s).
- Establish your guest list. Tip: Get addresses from relatives or friends who recently got hitched.
- Order favors, wedding party gifts and other wedding essentials
- Create a gift registry.
- Make honeymoon plans.
2 months before
- Order your wedding cake.
- Plan the rehearsal dinner.
- Purchase wedding bands.
- Mail wedding invitations.
- Obtain a marriage license.
- Order/buy/make all decorations and signage for the wedding reception venue.
1 month before
- Write your vows.
- Confirm details with all wedding vendors and venues.
- Do final fittings and pick up the bridal gown, bridesmaids’ dresses and groom and groomsmen’s suits or tuxedos.
- Meet with the wedding party, immediate family, officiant and others directly involved in the ceremony to rehearse.
- Present wedding attendants with gifts such as wedding party can coolers or personalized sunglasses at the rehearsal.
Day of wedding
- Present parents and each other with gifts.
- Give wedding bands to the best man and maid of honor to hold during the ceremony.
After the wedding
- Write and send thank-you notes.
- Update insurance policies to reflect your new husband and wife status.
- Complete paperwork for official documents if changing names.
The free printable wedding checklist is a lifesaver
This condensed guide is only a fraction of the to-do tasks you’ll find in the Free Printable Wedding Checklist.
Of course, not every detail in our wedding checklist will apply to your big day. But in this case, more is better. I want your wedding to exceed your expectations and be a day you’ll cherish for the rest of your life.
Wish you had more help like this? Here are other free printables for planning a wedding:
You might also find our Wedding Guest Calculator helpful. Head on over to Totally Wedding Koozies for low prices on guest favors and other essentials.
I hope I’ve helped you get a good head start with useful information for your upcoming wedding. Happy planning!
This blog was updated April 28, 2023
Your site has given me a lot of practical info, and for which I
thank you so much. This post is one of the best I have read so far on your site, so
I thought I had to put in the effort to comment. You have given me a
few tips that could assist me down the road.
Thank you for the kind words! I am delighted our blog could help you with ideas for planning a wedding.
Please visit us again anytime and let us know if we can help you with anything.
Totally Promotional/Totally Wedding Koozies