The colors you choose for now hiring banners are crucial for drawing new employees to your business. To keep your workforce strong, you need to know how colors impact the audience you want to attract.
Customizing a banner with the right colors can help fill jobs and keep your company open. Some color combinations for banner designs attract more attention than others. Read on to learn from our experts.
- Yellow is considered the most luminous of all the colors in the world! It is more visible than any other color.
- The “hard” colors in the spectrum — red, orange and yellow — make objects (such as letters) look bigger and closer to you when reading.
- Three color combinations that are easiest to read are red on white; black on yellow; and green on white. (Did you notice this includes red, yellow and green? Stoplight colors!)
- Blue text helps readers retain your message.
- Bright colors such as neon are more difficult to read but easier to see.
- Pastel or soft colors are not as visible and can make text look small.
Companies are pulling out all the stops to keep their doors open. Once you’ve decided on the colors for your custom banner, make sure your message is brief but clear. Here are a few phrases to start your banner:
- Join our team!
- Your career starts here
- Are you awesome? We’re hiring.
- Now hiring. Apply online (or within).
- Come work with us!
- We’ve been waiting for you! Apply inside.
Information you may want to include on your vinyl banner along with your company name and logo: Starting pay, sign-on bonuses, benefits such as health insurance and paid holidays, hours/shifts, how to access an application, where to send a resume, company website and social media channels.