I remember as a kid playing dress-up with my mom’s furry, fox stole.
I would wrap it around my shoulders and pretend to be a princess. Mom loved my dress-up time, too. She threw old clothing and accessories in a box and I stayed out of her hair for hours.
Dress-up and smile
My dress-up playtime was much like today’s wedding photo booths. Newlyweds and their guests rummage through the props and transform themselves into playful camera subjects. The booth is user-friendly, requiring little if any effort the day of the wedding. But the photos created are often the ones most cherished by the bride and groom.
Photo booths are incredibly fun and can be quite simple to create, such as the one featured in Woodlands Chic Wedding by The Budget Savvy Bride. Totally Promotional provided the koozies® for this beautiful wedding!
The props you select for your big day will dictate the fun level. Here are the basics:
Top 10 wedding photo booth props
- Sunglasses. The styles and colors are endless! Choose a hue that matches your wedding colors and theme. Order custom wedding sunglasses in bulk and use them as favors, too!
- Face photo sticks. Gotta love those larger-than-life red lips and curly mustaches.
- Picture frames. The sky’s the limit for the type and size of frames to use for headshots or full-body photos.
- Head candy. Cowboy hats, tiaras, Playboy Bunny ears … you get the picture.
- Signs or speech bubbles. Display favorite messages on a stick such as “I do” and “I’m here for the beer.”
- Celebration flags. Wave cute pennants with happy thoughts such as “Best Day Ever!”
- Eye masks. Everyone will want this mysterious, romantic look.
- Beads. It wouldn’t be a party without layers of Mardi Gras beaded necklaces.
- Feather boas. Need. I. Say. More?
- Seating. Place at least one interesting chair or stool in your photo booth to accommodate very tall or very short people, or add extra flare to group shots.
Most of these props can be found at discount stores and are very reasonably priced in bulk quantities online. If you’re on a tight budget, you might consider splitting the cost with a friend or relative who also is planning a wedding photo booth.
Totally Promotional can help you create a customized banner with your names and wedding date or themed design to use as a beautiful backdrop.
Making memories is a snap!
Of all the wedding trends I’ve seen come and go, photo booths are one of my faves. Maybe it’s my love of photography, but I really don’t think you can take enough pictures at a wedding.
Writing this blog brought back memories of my nephew’s outdoor wedding a few years ago. The temperature was nearing 90 in the shade when the photographer asked us to grab some wedding photo booth props and “have some fun.”
As our all-female group fumbled through funny hats and eye masks, I felt like a kid again. We giggled. We belly-laughed and we had a blast. It’s one of my best family memories. In the end, we had photos we will treasure for a lifetime.
Use this list of wedding photo booth props to create your own great memories!
Do you have great wedding photo booth tips? Feel free to share your ideas and overall experience in the comment section below!