An ice cream sundae bar can turn a drab winter party into a festive celebration!
Ice cream sundae stations are a great addition for any get-together but they’re extra special in the winter. The delicious taste of ice cream, gooey syrup and sprinkles can make anytime of the year feel like summer! The idea really warms my sun-loving heart this time of year.
The perfect cold-weather dessert
Do you have a child with a winter birthday? It’s an ideal time for an ice cream sundae bar! Children love to create their own ice cream masterpieces and are more likely to finish them. Use ingredients the kiddos will love such as gummy worms, M&Ms and candy bar crumbles. Styrofoam bowls make cleanup a breeze!
Here’s another idea: Make a new Christmas tradition this year with a holiday-themed ice cream sundae bar! Just add red and green sprinkles, crushed candy canes and gum drops to your selection of toppings and let the magic begin!
I’ve found that an ice cream dessert station is an unexpected and delightful way to end a wintertime meal. The kids’ eyes seem as big as saucers when I appear with a big tub of vanilla ice cream, hot fudge syrup, multi-colored sprinkles, peanuts and whipped cream. It often takes the younger ones longer to make their “ice cream spectacular” than to eat it. But I love watching their faces as they enjoy the treat. It makes awesome family memories.
Mini Snowmen in a Cup
Here’s an idea that will take your ice cream sundae bar to the next level: Mini Snowmen in a Cup! This is an awesome addition to your holiday menu because it doesn’t require a lot of prep work. All you have to do is round up the ingredients and let your guests build an ice cream snowman in the warmth of your home. No mittens required!
- Cups (Our staff used personalized 10 oz. Squat Martini Glasses and also recommend our 9 oz. Frosted Plastic Cups. You can customize our cups and bowls to fit any occasion including holidays! )
- Chocolate syrup
- Vanilla ice cream
- Mini M&Ms
- Mini chocolate chips
- Twizzlers Cherry Pull-n-Peel Licorice Twists
- Pretzel twists (not mini)
- Oreo cookies
- Rolo candy
- Miniature candy canes (optional)
Here’s how to make your mini snowman:
- Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup into the bottom of the cup.
- Fill the rest of the cup nearly to the top with ice cream. Place one rounded scoop of ice cream at the top so it towers nearly above the brim. A spoon can help shape the snowman’s head.
- Use Mini M&Ms to create the eyes and nose.
- Make a snowman smile with mini chocolate chips.
- Braid three strips of peeled licorice and place it around the snowman’s neck as a scarf.
- Break apart pretzel twists to create the arms and hands.
- Split an Oreo cookie apart. Using the side with the icing, attach a Rolo candy for the hat.
- Use additional M&Ms for the snowman’s buttons.
- Slide a miniature candy cane into the side of the dish (optional)
Extras for the party
Your ice cream sundae bar can be as basic or extravagant as you want it to be. If you’re trying to impress special guests such as business associates or clients, make sure you pull out all the stops with customized napkins and coasters.
Printed can coolers and koozies® with designs and text to fit the occasion make a nice favor for guests to take home. It’s a great marketing strategy for corporations or organizations seeking cheap name exposure!
We’d love to hear your winter and holiday party tips. Please share your ideas in the comment section below!