Goodie bags are a popular way to say thank you to guests and attendees. But what do you put in them? Sounds like you need some swag bag ideas!
If you’re stuck on ideas, don’t worry. I’ve got 10 swag bag ideas for all types of events and themes. Start with a fun, customized bag and fill it with items people want and need.
Whether you’re throwing a party or hosting a business conference, these giveaway bag ideas will make your job much easier!
10 themed swag bag ideas for all occasions
One of the easiest ways to show appreciation is by handing out swag bags. They are affordable, simple to customize and can be tailored for any event or theme.
Here are the 10 of the most popular ideas for themed goodie bags.
- Spa Day Goodie Bag: This bag is perfect for anyone who needs a little relaxation in their life. (Who doesn’t?) Include items such as a nail file, hot and cold packs, a toothbrush and lip balm.
- Movie Night Goodie Bag: Calling all movie lovers! Include items such as popcorn, candy, a DVD and several theater-style snacks. My favorite indulgence is Mike & Ikes!
- Tea Party Goodie Bag: This swag bag is perfect for tea connoisseurs! Slip in tea bags, honey sticks, biscotti and a few choice chocolates. Consider gifting our 11 oz. Rounded Spoon Mug printed with a favorite saying or company logo.
- Golfing Goodie Bag: This themed, giveaway bag is every golfer’s dream! Include items such as golf balls, tees, a personalized visor and sunscreen.
- Beach Day Goodie Bag: Beach bums and sun worshipers will truly enjoy this goodie bag! Be generous with sunscreen, swim goggles, flip flops and a beach towel. Other ideas include a 12″ Inflatable Beach Ball and a cool pair of sunglasses.
- Kitchen Supplies Goodie Bag: This bag is ideal for a cooking class or kitchen enthusiasts! Fill them with aprons, spatulas, custom oven mitts, measuring cups and a handy, 4-in-1 Bottle Opener.
- Craft Supplies Goodie Bag: Calling all DIY masters! Surprise your group with beautiful, swag bags filled with craft paper, glue sticks, scissors, customized rulers and cartoon stickers.
- Holiday Goodie Bag: Make a big impact this holiday season. Take joy to the next level by filling swag bags with candy canes, wrapping paper, gift tags and a variety of holiday favors and gifts at wholesale prices.
- Birthday Party Goodie Bag: Don’t let your guests go home empty-handed. Create special birthday party bags filled with party hats, candy, toys and customized favors. Personalize birthday cups and napkins to accent your theme!
- Move Your Feet Goodie Bag: Runners and walkers will step right up for this bag! Gift them with pepper spray, no-show socks, custom fanny packs, sore muscle cream, hats, shaker bottles, sports cooling towels and a running magazine subscription.
Need more swag bag ideas?
If none of the above goodie bag ideas fit your next occasion, here are a few more themes for general swag bag ideas and gifts:
- Summer fun: Can coolers and KOOZIES®, water bottles, bug spray, sunscreen, sunglasses, sports cooling towels and grilling spatulas or tongs.
- Pampering: Candles, bath bombs, lip balm, slippers, custom blankets and skincare/essential oils.
- Coffee lovers: Ceramic mugs, coffee beans, travel mugs, coffee sleeves and dark chocolate mocha beans.
- Foodies: Gourmet chocolate, sweet treats, cookbooks, pot holders, foodie magazines, condiment samplers, aprons and our On-the-Go Wheat Utensil Set.
- Wine lovers: Wine glasses, corkscrews, bottle stoppers, wine bottle KOOZIE®, wine bottles or samples from a local winery.
- Fitness enthusiasts: Performance shirts, inspirational wrist bands, water bottles, stress balls, hand sanitizer, athletic socks, body tape measures, foam rollers, yoga fitness mats and cooling towels.
- Strictly business: Custom pens, notebooks and journals, coffee shop gift cards, coffee mugs, screen cleaners, polo shirts and gourmet chocolates.
What are the best ideas for goodie bags?
Before I wrap this up, let’s look at the different types of bags for your project. Totally Promotional has the most trendy, affordable and practical bags on the market today.
Here are my top recommendations for swag bags and why:
- 12″ x 15″ Die Cut Plastic Bag: Best for holding a few lightweight items.
- Budget Exhibition Tote: Most affordable option for trade shows and conventions.
- Phoenix Matte Eurotote with foil-stamped imprint: A truly elegant option for holding multiple items and making an impression.
- Frenchie Matte Colored Paper Bag with foil-stamped imprint: Twisted kraft handles make this small, personable bag easy to carry.
Take these swag bag ideas and get started!
Everyone loves getting free stuff at parties, business meetings, bridal and baby showers, book clubs and sporting events. Whatever the occasion, goodie bags are sure to please your guests!
Swag bags are a great way to show your friends you went the extra mile to make their experience special. Let our gift bag ideas inspire your next event!