One of life’s biggest headaches is how to convert kitchen measurements. A measurement conversion chart can be a lifesaver.
Ounces to cups, tablespoons to pounds, pints to gallons. Cooking shouldn’t require a calculator!
For your convenience, I’ve created a free printable kitchen measurement conversion chart for liquid and dry ingredients. Be sure to save this cheat sheet and share it with friends! A print button is located below the chart.
Kitchen measurement conversion chart
Use this handy key for measuring liquids such as water, milk and oils. Liquid measuring cups are typically made of clear glass or plastic, and have a handle and spout for easy pouring.
How many ounces in a cup?
- 8 fluid ounces = 1 cup | 1/2 pint | 237 milliliters | 16 tablespoons
- 16 fluid ounces = 2 cups | 1 pint |473 milliliters
- 32 fluid ounces = 4 cups | 2 pints | 1 quart | 946 milliliters
- 128 fluid ounces = 4 quarts | 1 gallon | 3.784 liters
- 8 quarts = one peck
- 4 pecks = one bushel
Follow the guidelines below for measuring dry ingredients such as flour, sugar and baking soda.
How many teaspoons in a tablespoon?
3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon | 1/2 fluid ounce | 14.3 grams
How many tablespoons in a cup?
- 2 tablespoons = 1/8 cup | 1 fluid ounce | 28.3 grams
- 4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup |2 fluid ounces | 56.7 grams
- 5 1/3 tablespoons = 1/3 cup | 2.6 fluid ounces | 75.6 grams
- 8 tablespoons = 1/2 cup | 4 ounces | 113.4 grams | 1 stick butter
- 12 tablespoons = 3/4 cup | 6 ounces | .375 pound | 170 grams
- 32 tablespoons = 2 cups | 16 ounces | 1 pound | 453.6 grams
- 64 tablespoons = 4 cups | 32 ounces | 2 pounds | 907 grams
Overall measuring tips:
- Ounces measure weight; fluid ounces measure volume.
- Use the correct measuring vessel for dry and wet ingredients to achieve accuracy.
- To be 100 percent accurate, measure with a scale.
Promotional kitchen items are hot giveaways
Customized kitchen promotional products for measuring are proven branding tools. Place your restaurant or wholesale food logo on spatulas, cutting boards, food containers and pot holders for great giveaways at trade shows and conferences.
Clients and potential customers will see your name every time they prepare food. That makes kitchen promotional products very effective marketing tools for your business. Some of our bestselling items are Cotton Pot Holders and our 7 Piece Measuring Set.
Browse our growing selection of kitchen promotional products today!