Smart advertisers use promotional products statistics to guide their branding efforts.
Successful marketing teams tap the most recent research and data to find out what engages and motivates consumers. To save you time, I’ve gathered the most vital promotional products statistics available today. Take a look to get the biggest ROI for your advertising dollars.
Promotional products statistics
- Promotional products are the most effective form of advertising for all age groups.
- Most households own an average of 30 promotional products.
- 53% of people use a promotional product at least once each week.
- 81% of the population keeps customized promotional products more than a year.
- 40% of consumers keep some promotional items more than 10 years.
- Promotional products are the most highly regarded form of advertising over newspapers, radio, magazines, television, the Internet and mobile ads.
- Nearly half of consumers wish they could receive promotional products more often.
- 89% of consumers have received a promotional product in the last six months.
- The top 10 buyers of promotional products are business services, education, financial, manufacturing, healthcare, construction, insurance, technology, nonprofits and agriculture.
- 96% of consumers want to know ahead of time if a company is offering promotional products.
- Nearly one-quarter (23%) of consumers purchased a promotional product in the last year.
- 63% of consumers pass along a promotional product they no longer want.
The impact of promotional products
- 83% of people are more likely to do business with a brand that gave them a promotional product.
- Nine in 10 people recall the company’s name or logo on the promotional item they received.
- 79% of consumers researched the brand that gave them a customized promotional item.
- 72% of people associate the quality of a customized promotional product with the reputation of the company.
- 46% of the population has a more favorable opinion of an advertiser who gave them an environmentally friendly promo item.
- 57% of consumers have a higher opinion of an advertiser who gives them a promotional product made in the U.S.A.
- 52% of trade show visitors are more likely to visit an exhibit with giveaway items.
Specific promotional products data
- The most popular promotional products today are apparel (28%) drinkware (8.4%), writing utensils (6.6%), bags and wallets (6.3%) and technology (5.6%).
- Promotional drinkware such as cups and can coolers generate 1,400 impressions throughout their lifetime.
- 90% of consumers own more than one branded drinkware item.
- 57% of consumers are more likely to buy from a business that gave them a customized face mask.
- 56% of people keep custom T-shirts for two or more years because of their attractiveness.
- 69% of consumers own promotional hats and other types of headwear.
- 89% of the population owns a logoed pen, pencil or another type of writing instrument.
- 73% of consumers own custom bags.
- 64% of consumers own customized desk or office accessories.
- Customized USBs on average are kept 13 months.
- 45% of consumers own personalized umbrellas.
- 33% of consumers own customized power banks.
- A promotional jacket that costs $20 will have a CPI of only 3/10 of a cent.
- Custom polo shirts will generate 2,300 impressions over their lifetime.
Don’t ignore proven success
Nothing draws attention like a free gift. Every business or organization benefits by handing out promotional products at trade shows and community events. It’s an extremely affordable way to keep your name in front of your target audience.
Put promotional products to work for you!